After 9 months of pregnancy I've found myself a completely different person, with entirely different priorities. This blog is dedicated to that experience of being a new mom and exposing the down and dirty truth of it all.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Sleep log: day 72

I'm trying to accept the fact that last night was "normal" for babies Henry's age. Down at 7pm, up at midnight, 2am, 4am, 6am and 8am. Yes, that's normal but it's also brutal.

The hardest part is that I know developmentally and physically he is capable of sleeping in 4 hours stretches past midnight....but our little man really needs to see me every 120 minutes it seems. This morning at 4am, I leaned over him and he gave me this huge, gummy smile in the dark. I have to admit even through bleary eyes I was charmed.

In my desperation I'll try any tip or trick that has worked for moms in the past. Tonight I'm breaking out the humidifier and turning down the heat a bit (I think I've been keeping it too, too warm in his room. He might be hot blooded like his dad.) Praying to the baby sleep gods that it works.

No comments: