After 9 months of pregnancy I've found myself a completely different person, with entirely different priorities. This blog is dedicated to that experience of being a new mom and exposing the down and dirty truth of it all.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Give a mom her eyes back

I have to say I'm quite proud of this recommendation. In all my online searching for lists of "what to bring to the hospital" no one ever recommended this idea - and its so, so simple. If you, or anyone you know is about to be admitted give them an eye pillow. I seriously had doctors and nurses in my room around the clock. It was exhausting. I wanted to say, "People, I just pushed a person out of me, have mercy!" But they were relentless, they kept coming back and back and back.

I do, in fact, remember thinking the eye pillow was the smartest thing I threw in my overflowing hospital bag because it allowed me to catch a cat nap in the middle of the day when the sun felt like it was burning the retinas of my sore, sleep deprived eyes.

And its the gift that keeps giving! I just used it again today. Henry was down for his afternoon nap and I found myself with time on my hands to curl up in bed myself. My eye pillow was the first thing I reached for and because of it I was able to steal a few precious moments of sleep, and any new mom would whole heartedly agree that is a lovely thing indeed.

No comments: