After 9 months of pregnancy I've found myself a completely different person, with entirely different priorities. This blog is dedicated to that experience of being a new mom and exposing the down and dirty truth of it all.

Monday, December 17, 2007

all you need to know about nursing bras

Let's not dance around the fact the target audience for this blog is women, so if there are any men out there reading --well, you are going to have deal with the fact the following post will be of little use to you.

As women readers you know the importance of a good bra. Its right up there with world peace and environmental issues in my book. As I approached the end of my pregnancy I realized my needs in the bra department were about to change. Not only was my size going to be an issue (and as a woman who is already pretty well endowed, this was particularly troubling) but also the new challenge of nursing had to come into play.

I shopped around and tried a few different brands and styles but on a friend's recommendation I tried Bravado Original Nursing Bra and I have to say, this one is a winner. Before Henry I was an "underwire only" lady but was concerned to read that underwire can adversely affect your milk supply (any breastfeeding woman's worst nightmare.) This bra gives all the support I need without the wire and proves to be an easy contraption to operate with breastfeeding. I have two of them and plan to buy at least one more.

Another recommendation I have is for Medela sleep nursing bra. This bra was my best friend in those first few weeks home. It was pretty impossible for me to go to sleep without some sort of bra on because of the dire need of nursing pads (Let's just say sleeping with nursing pads in the beginning prevented the 40 year flood in my house.) The sleep bra gave me just barely the support I needed, and just believe me bra support 24/7 is a good thing AND it gave me a spot to tuck the all important nursing pads.

So all in all, I give these two bras two boobs up. My highest rating.

No comments: