After 9 months of pregnancy I've found myself a completely different person, with entirely different priorities. This blog is dedicated to that experience of being a new mom and exposing the down and dirty truth of it all.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Mommy meltdown

One of our cars is iced in which means my husband has been taking my car to work because its the only way he can get out of the driveway. This leaves me stranded and shut in with a SUPER fussy baby. Sweet.

After dinner tonight I might have looked wild-eyed at my husband and mother (who is visiting) and said, "I think I'm going to go to Babies R' Us and buy a mobile. Henry needs a mobile." They, perhaps sensing how important it was for me to physically get out of the house begged me to be careful but wished me well.

If anything has been learned in these past few weeks since Henry's birth its the importance of my sporadic escapes. I need a break and thankfully my husband knows it.

Humorously, I didn't really look to see what I had on before I left the house but there I was blissfully wandering the aisles of Babies 'R Us in black leggings and a sweatshirt. I was one fine looking, run down, ragged mommy. Its phased me not - Babies 'R Us never looked so much like Disney World. I swear I was on vacation.

No comments: