After 9 months of pregnancy I've found myself a completely different person, with entirely different priorities. This blog is dedicated to that experience of being a new mom and exposing the down and dirty truth of it all.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

sleep log: day 127

First I need to send a huge thank you out to my friends and family. Truly this has been a challenge with Henry's night wakings, but I do know I have the most wonderful support system in place. If nothing else, knowing that I can vent my grievances to you guys is absolutely the best therapy.

My favorite bit of advice of late has come from someone I consider a mommy-superstar, a mother of THREE. (read: The Mean Mommy) She reminded me that sleep deprivation is the most commonly used form of torture. For some odd reason I find solace and comfort in that. She also suggested I sing DMX lyrics to my son, and I love her for it. ("Ya'll goin' make me LOSE MA MIND! Up in here! Up in here!)

Anyways, because I do feel like so many of you are pulling for us I feel the responsibility to keep you posted on our progress, and there is progress to report. Last night Henry (sound the trumpets) only woke at 11pm and 3am. He was definitely up for the day on the dot of 6am, but yes sir I will take it, and take it with a smile on my face.

AND! Tonight he went down without a fuss, which is something I swear he forgot how to do. It was like magic. He ate his cereal, then stayed up a bit longer while Jim and I had our dinner (because he was all smiles and just too cute to put to bed.) When he started doing his "7 mile stare" and gave us a few yawns, I took him into his room and turned down the lights. I nursed him just a bit, just to top him off and put him down in his crib. I told him a few dozen times how much I loved him and tried to boost his confidence by telling him that he could do this. "Just close your eyes" I said, and I think I pleaded with him to stay asleep until 4am. I will positively die if he complies. You mean, all I had to do was ASK YOU???!!!

So that's the up-to-the-minute latest. Its about this time every night that I get a little nervous and think I should really go to bed right this very second, in preparation for battle. So I'm going to end this here and do exactly that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Henry Go!!!

not happy with google said...

maybe all he really needs is some hard core rap music.... could be the dawn of a cottage industry: instead of Baby Mozart you could produce Baby Foshizzle....