After 9 months of pregnancy I've found myself a completely different person, with entirely different priorities. This blog is dedicated to that experience of being a new mom and exposing the down and dirty truth of it all.

Friday, February 8, 2008

Holy hair loss

As if accepting myself in my new post-partum body wasn't hard enough, lately I've been finding full handfuls of my hair are falling out. After reading up on it, I know not to be concerned. Apparently its a balancing effect after all the lustrous locks I gained while with child, but dear God this is GROSS. I'm constantly pulling long strands off the boy, and every time I wash my hair within minutes I'm standing in 2 inches of water for my sheddings that have slowed the drain. Bleck.

If that weren't enough, my once blemish-free skin is anything but. What the heck, hormones? Why you gotta be like that? Combine all this with the few extra pounds I still need to shed and man oh man, I am feeling like one fine looking momma.

Did I mention I've been living in sweatpants this winter?
Hotness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, wait until you stop breastfeeding! Hair is everywhere! In the shower, on my kid, on my husband, in every nook and cranny in my house. I have to clean my brush at least once a week. And I'm with you on the zits. Its like being 13 all over again. Seriously, we are so hot right now.

Anonymous said...

I could have writeen your post. The hair thing is just starting with me and its nasty... You and I should do a sweat pants fashion show. I have about 15 pairs, and I got rid of about 4 last week...They are ultra sexy.

Mary said...

Between me and the dog there were tumbleweeds of hair everywhere for a while. What's even better than clogging the drain is find a huge clump of hair in your butt crack hours later. Yum!

Oh, and they're called YOGA PANTS, ladies (at least that's what I tell myself)