After 9 months of pregnancy I've found myself a completely different person, with entirely different priorities. This blog is dedicated to that experience of being a new mom and exposing the down and dirty truth of it all.

Saturday, February 2, 2008

sleep log: day 122

I swear baby Henry is messing with me.

All week I've been all doom and gloom - thinking I had one of those babies that was determined not to sleep well until he was old enough to self-medicate. Last night I proceeded to have a mini-meltdown, I went to bed super early, was tearful and moaned to my dear husband that, "No, its never going to get better!" (I can honestly say sleep deprivation makes you certifiably insane. Poor Jim had no idea what to do with me.)

After all that drama, what does the dear boy do?
Sleep for EIGHT hours!
Wait, what? He did what?!
I'm still having a hard time believing what I just wrote.

I swear to you people, he went down at 8pm and was up at 4am. I thought I was going to walk into his room and find someone else's kid. My dear boy has NEVER slept that long before. Never ever. I literally almost burst with joy - okay maybe I just felt that way since it had been the longest I've ever gone without nursing him, but I swear my heart was elated.

The down side is that he was pretty much up for the day at 4am, but whatever, I'm hardly complaining. Eight hours! Eight hours! Eight hours!

Now I fully know that the simple act of telling you all about this momentous event means that it will not be repeated for many moons (I'm yet again breaking the golden rule of "Thou shall not speak of your child's sleep habits.") but I don't care. It was blissful and I couldn't keep it to myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so, so, so happy for you and Henry!! YAY!!