After 9 months of pregnancy I've found myself a completely different person, with entirely different priorities. This blog is dedicated to that experience of being a new mom and exposing the down and dirty truth of it all.

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Musak for babies

I have this funny vision of Henry someday standing in an elevator when all the sudden the instrumental version of "Knives Out" (or Knifes as Mr. Thom Yorke would have you believe) by RadioHead starts leaking out the elevator speakers. Henry instantly falls asleep. Alright maybe not instantly - who am I kidding?

But I will say the Rockabye series, very much including the RadioHead version has made naptime much more enjoyable for me and I dare say it DOES lull Henry to sleep. Besides, what better way to introduce him to very good music than through his subconscious?

We also have the Coldplay Rockabye Babyin heavy rotation and one of these days I'm going to pick up The Cure Rockabye Baby because come on, its The Cure. How cool is that?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap-these are amazing! My husband is in awe and is promising to buy every one of these for Jackson. Great find!

Anonymous said...

Lauren these are great....I want to get a few of them.... Maybe I can buy a couple and we could "share" if you know what I mean....Let me know.

Anonymous said...

Cayce has been falling asleep to the Radiohead version for the last year...she loves it! Not my choice - but it makes NOah happy!

Tara Jane said...

Check out Elizabeth Mitchel, Brady Rhymer and Frances England. Good stuff for the Baby and Mama and Papa.

mccashew said...

Caroline loves the u2 rockabye baby - aren't they awesome!

Anonymous said...

holy crap that kid's radiohead album is amazing!

where the heck did you find that?