After 9 months of pregnancy I've found myself a completely different person, with entirely different priorities. This blog is dedicated to that experience of being a new mom and exposing the down and dirty truth of it all.

Monday, May 19, 2008

milestone of milestones

Even as I type this I can hardly believe it. Last night, Sunday May 18th, my son slept soundly from 7pm to 6am, straight through, for the ... first ....time ....ever. I woke up this morning so happy, and yet feeling like I must still be in some strange dream state. But no, thank you God no, it was TRUE.

My acceptance speech:
It has been such a long time coming and such a hard road to get to this point, but I would like to thank everyone who has supported us in getting us here. We surely would have fallen much to pieces a million times over without all of you. We have no expectations for tonight or even tomorrow night, but we are optimistic and are going to try our best for a repeat performance some time in the near future. To all our fans, we love you and would like to dedicate this award to you.

Thank you and GOOD NIGHT!

3 comments:

Mary said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAA! That is the funniest thing I have read in a long, long time. Oh, only a fellow mother knows the sweet, sweet joy of that first night. Congratulations are definitely in order.

Anonymous said...

Oh God - I am seeing my future ahead. Congrats to Henry - your boob juice comment is priceless...

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!!!!! Yay King Henry!!! I'm SO happy for you both! Jackson is switching places (g-d teeth!) but this has been a long time coming for you and you deserve it! xo