After 9 months of pregnancy I've found myself a completely different person, with entirely different priorities. This blog is dedicated to that experience of being a new mom and exposing the down and dirty truth of it all.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Henry's multiple choice

After significant progress in the sleep department with Henry, we've seen an average of two wakings a night (thank you Dr. Ferber!) Last night, however, the boy decided to throw me under the bus and was up from 10:30pm to 2am, then waking for the day at 6am. Was the reason for this regression:

a) his long, late afternoon nap (from 2:30 to 5pm)
b) the fact that we started sweet potatoes yesterday, his first non-cereal food
c) he is teething- at his last pediatrician's visit the nurse practitioner felt "bumps" - but we all know that could be the state of things for weeks.
d) he is killing me slowly
e) all of the above

It almost seems silly to try and guess, because quite honestly it could have been the freaking phases of the moon keeping him up, but part of me can't stop myself for hypothesizing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going with d, and Jackson is taking me down with you.

Mary said...

e) Exercising his right to f*** with you while he still can.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel! Matt's been sleeping through for a month - H is right behind. Just do yourself a favor and turn off the damn monitor - that way you only hear REAL screams.