After 9 months of pregnancy I've found myself a completely different person, with entirely different priorities. This blog is dedicated to that experience of being a new mom and exposing the down and dirty truth of it all.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Not funny....blood

Maybe when you have kids your sense of humor drops down a notch, maybe our level of sophistication is somehow debased - whatever the case I can't help but be amused at a recent episode in our household.

This is truly the not funny part:
Earlier this week I was clipping Henry's ridiculously fast growing nails. If I don't keep up with him, he scratches the crap out of his face and I hate to see that. Now, I know this is something that most moms hate doing but I had thought I was getting really good at doing this, given the frequency I seem to have to do it.

So I get the job done, Henry puts up with me with relatively no fuss. I give the boy to his father for a quick story before bed. I clean up and return to the scene to retrieve the boy to make way for bedtime.

What's that?!

A smear of something on his face, and stains on his sleeper. The boy is bleeding! I nicked his finger and my boy-made-of-steel didn't even complain. I tried to react as coolly as possible, given my first-time mom synapses are firing, "Oh my God - BLOOD, BLOOD, BLOOD." We bandage him up, good as new. This fire has been put out and no frantic calls to the pediatrician were made. Phew.

The next morning, my husband realizes in our moment of need we totally dropped the ball and missed the PERFECT opportunity to quote one of my favorite YouTube movies.

Not FUN-KNEEEE! Not FUN-KNEEEE! Bluuud!




Regardless, I've been chuckling about it all week.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I am peeing in my pants not only from the video, but because I did the EXACT same thing when Molly was a baby. Except I didn't put two and two together quickly enough and started screaming at my hubby, "What did you do to her???"

Anonymous said...

NOT FUNNNNNNEEEEEEEEYYYYY!

That's my favorite part. :) This is so going to happen at our house one day soon. Glad you managed it so stoically. I woudn't have.

Anonymous said...

I remember the first time this happened with my little man. Neither did he cry at all, but Mommy certainly did!