After 9 months of pregnancy I've found myself a completely different person, with entirely different priorities. This blog is dedicated to that experience of being a new mom and exposing the down and dirty truth of it all.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

And for your first Father's Day ... I'll break my face

No one has ever called me graceful, I think I know why.

My husband, who has risen to fatherhood with a natural ability and sweetness that brings a tear to my eye, had to fly up the stairs today after I yelled for him to find me on my knees - face covered in blood. Somehow I slipped on our dining room floor and connected my face to the hard corner of our rocking chair. Thankfully I wasn't holding Henry at the time of my flight. I also don't think I broke my nose, its not swelling too badly, and I don't think I'll have a black eye - but dear GOD it hurt. And the blood. I was dizzy from the volume lost. It wasn't pretty people. Not pretty at all.

So happy Father's Day my love. I thought I would give you something to remember your first with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to say that I love your blog! Reading through your posts reminds me so much of my experiences with my own little man who was born March 2007. I am new to the whole blogging arena but I too have a site. I promise I named it before I saw what you named yours, lol! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I enjoy reading your posts and look forward to relating more to a fellow mom!